Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Lemony End to Summer

My mother and I have completely fallen in love with Molly Wizenberg. If you don't know who she is already, check out www.orangette.blogspot.com, or better yet, go out and buy her delightful book, A Homemade Life. 

This may sound creepy (and it might be, a little bit) but my mom and I sometimes even refer to Molly as if we know her. Sample conversation - Mom: "What are you making for dessert tonight?" Me: "Oh, I thought I'd try that chocolate cake recipe. You know, the one Molly had at her wedding." Mom: "Oh yeah, great idea!" Both her book and website are full of recipes that almost always deliver. (I don't recommend the tomato fennel soup. So far that's been our only backfire.) But the greatest success of all so far has been Molly Wizenberg's French Style Yogurt Cake with Lemon. I've made it twice now, and it is surprisingly uncomplicated for a dessert that provides such satisfying results. You can find the original recipe here. I make it just like she does.


The first time I made the cake, I served it with blueberries and white raspberries, and used both the syrup and the icing from the recipe. The result: lemony bliss; the very soul of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment