Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 22, or "Yes, that was almost a week ago."

But between my grandmother's visit and my trip to the Bodensee, I haven't had any time to write. So my entries might be a little shorter as I try to catch up to today. . .

Let's see. Tuesday I made an Asian-inspired tomato and cucumber salad with sesame seeds and vinegar. It was okay, but I'm going to have to go out on a limb here and say that cherry tomatoes really don't have any business in Asian-inspired dishes. Or at least not this one. Still looked pretty, though: 



That afternoon, I met my grandma in the city and we went to one of Regensburg's 923,940 ice cream cafés. I ordered a "fruit bowl," which was three kinds of sorbet (raspberry, mango and banana if I remember correctly) topped with all kinds of tropical fruits.



My grandma ordered the same thing but with ice cream underneath. Yes, they were both that big. And yes, we each ate the whole thing. Oh and yes, we both had stomachaches the rest of the afternoon. Worth it. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment