Monday, July 6, 2009

Days 19 + 20, or "Snickity Snack"

Hi, yes, sorry I failed to report back for two days. Everything's fine: I'm still vegan. I've just been really busy, aka not cooking, and thus eating random vegan-y snacks (i.e. fruits, the occasional raw vegetable, corn flakes, tofu-dogs, you get the picture). Last night, though, I did have an interesting restaurant experience brought on by my grandmother's arrival in Germany and subsequent (understandable) desire for German comfort food. 

We went to one of the two HofbrÀuhauses in Regensburg (the better of the two, in my opinion). I knew it would be fun and potentially disasterous to see what they could come up with, but I ended up actually being pretty impressed. I explained my situation, and received a large salad with lots of shredded vegetables, plus about six rather large breaded mushrooms on top. I also got to eat some German potato salad (it's vinegar-based; no mayonnaise), so the evening was not completely without its German flair for me. 

To hold you over until tomorrow, when I will be posting all kinds of exciting information about tonight's homemade Vegan Sushi Dinner, here are a few more links to blogs I've been reading lately:

Kitchen Parade: not all vegan, but lots of creative vegetable dishes
have cake, will travel I sense a prospective role model in this witty, thirty-something vegan woman. And finally. . .
The Post Punk Kitchen, where I got some sushi ideas for tonight's shindig. 

As a last note, I'd like you to know that on Blogger's spellcheck, both 'shindig' and 'spellcheck' (one word) are not flagged as incorrect. Vegan, on the other hand, is. Hmmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment