Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 28, or "The Basics"

This morning I went to the grocery store--I was completely out of anything edible, as is often the case when I get back in town. Shopping is tricky right now, though, because I'm down to just one more week in Regensburg. I don't want to buy any more staples (olive oil, pasta, jam, etc.) and I think I've timed everything pretty well because I'm running out of all those things. Instead, I'll focus on buying fresh (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, blueberries) and using up whatever I still have lying around. 

I know you are probably sick of seeing salad pictures, but I can't help myself.



One thing I have not managed to use up yet is the kilogram of frozen spinach I bought a month ago. Actually, I hadn't even opened it until last night, the reason being that I used to use spinach for my scrambled eggs. Haven't had any of those in a while. But last night I was trying to use some things up, which meant a jar of organic pasta sauce, some spaghetti, and that frozen spinach. Of which there is still an unfortunate amount left. Anyone know any good frozen spinach recipes?


No comments:

Post a Comment