Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 30, or "Challenge Completed!"

For my last day of veganism (for now), I had a second sushi-making party. My guy friends were all a little offended that they didn't get the invite to the 'girls only' event with my grandmother, so I decided to let them be part of the fun this time. And oh goodness, was that a different experience. . . 

Sushi-making with just the girls was a relaxing, low-stress evening where everyone took their time and where we chatted while we rolled the sushi and sipped girly drinks. Sushi-making with the guys was an energetic event (to put it kindly). There was yelling, name-calling, and a crackling sense of competitiveness in the air. There was fighting over the sushi mats. It was hilarious; it was a ton of fun. We made about ten rolls, and not one piece went to waste. Plus, the boys helped with the dishes. 

And with this post, I can no longer call myself a vegan. (Actually, I still haven't eaten anything that's not, but I might.) For the next month or so, I'll be cooking 'normal' recipes (still healthy, though!). Sorry if this offends any of you, but most likely you're pretty thrilled. Me, too.



And just to give you an idea. . . My friend Lukas, smoking a sushi roll. Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment