Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 23, or "Italian Bliss"

One of the interesting things about being vegan and entertaining company in a foreign city is that you have to go out to eat a lot. I couldn't exactly expect my grandma to want to come over for vegan lunches and dinners every night (sushi night was a delightful exception). I also wanted to take my grandma to the restaurants I (used to) love going to. One of those is L'Osteria, where I took my mom and her friend when they came to visit. They pronounced it the maker of the greatest caesar salad they'd ever had, and insisted that I take my grandma there, too. Caesar salad was, of course, out of the question for me, but I did even better! I ordered the arugula pizza, sans shaved parmesan cheese. Instead, it was drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil and crushed fresh garlic. I'm not kidding when I say it was one of the best pizzas I've ever eaten, and the cheese went completely un-missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment