Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 14, or "Rejuvenation"

After the strong feeling of deprivation I experienced on Sunday, I'm proud to report that things are back on track. Yesterday I knew I needed an attitude readjustment, or else the next two weeks were going to be pretty miserable. So to solve my problem, I went back to the source of original motivation and reread Skinny Bitch in almost its entirety (skipping the gross parts about how animals are treated - I think last week's film illustrated that quite well enough). The book had the desired effect: I remembered immediately why it is that I wanted to try this out in the first place. Health. Cleansing. Curiosity. And if I'm honest with myself, I feel really good. Probably better than ever. It's a clean kind of feeling, and I can see where it could become addictive. After the second reading of the book, I feel like I should at least try out being vegan for three months. But I don't want to get ahead of myself. Let's take this one meal at a time. . .

Reading Skinny Bitch again was helpful not only because it rejuvenated my lagging morale, but also because it gave me a better idea of what to eat, and when. For example, they suggest that breakfast should be three pieces of fruit, eaten slowly and spread out over about thirty minutes. They also suggest that lunch be as raw as possible - a big salad, preferably. Easy enough! So with my new arsenal of information and techniques, I'm confident that the next two weeks are going to be vegan-tastic. Yeah, I said it. Vegan-tastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment