Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 2, or "Wait, where's my chocolate?"

It may sound pathetic (because it is) but at this point I think I have to admit to myself that I'm a chocoholic. And on Wednesdays, which is my longest school day (class from 12-6) I typically treat myself to some sort of, well, treat. A chocolaty treat. And I'm going to be honest: the kiwi I had in its place, although delicious, somehow just didn't quite satisfy. The cashews didn't do it either. Ah, well. This is a good time to address my chocolate addiction, I suppose, and of course to see what's out there in the way of vegan chocolate. Unfortunately my long day didn't permit time to explore the Biomarkt for chocolate options. So I'm eating broccoli instead. 

This morning I had a grapefruit for breakfast, and packed myself a mini peanut butter and agave nectar sandwich for lunch (mini because the vegan bread I bought comes in very small slices). Boy, do I sound like a hippie. I'm not even 100% sure what agave nectar is, other than that it looks like watered-down honey and is supposedly better for you than other kinds of sugars. But anywho, it was delicious, certainly can't complain there. Nuts and kiwi were the afternoon  snack, and it's leftover pasta and broccoli for dinner. Tomorrow I'll be heading back to the store for some more fruit and maybe some veggies for a stir-fry. Oh, and some chocolate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment